iResidence | Android Universal Real Estate App Template
16 Sep 2019 • Fixed the issue with "Login with Facebook. " • Fixed the issue “Compatibility Issue with Facebook SDK 4.38.0” so we downgraded Facebook SDK to “4.37.0” still using the old constructor, so using that version fixes this particular issue.
29 July 2019 • Updated the “Type” and “options” Home Screen design from List view to spinner • Improved the View for “Title” and “Description” on Home screen • “Recent Properties” design is improved • Fixed “Properties” screen layout and alignment • Upgraded the UI for Sales, SignUp, Profile, Favorites Screen • Fixed back stack issues from application • Apply Camel Notation in Edit Text Fields • Contact screen has been improved
25 May 2018 • Accordingly to the new EU GDPR terms, I've updated the 'tou.html' file and Documentation. IMPORTANT: This means that if a User asks for his/her Account deletion, you must do it within 24 hours, as the GDPR's "Right to be forgotten" Article states (LINK: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/)
11 May 2018 • Changed the following line in home.xml: android:layout_marginLeft="-1000dp" into: android:layout_marginLeft="-10000dp" • Edited thids line of code into the 'showHideListView()' Method in Home.java: showHideListView(-10000, ""); So now a portion of the 'hATListView' won't be shown on bigger devices' screens
8 May 2018 • Changed Parse version in build.gradle into 1.16.0, due to some issue on the latest Parse SDK and FCM: implementation 'com.parse:parse-android:1.16.0' • Edited 'getUserDetailsFromFB()' method in Login.java, this line of code: } else currUser.put(Configs.USER_EMAIL, facebookID + "@facebook.com");
17 April 2018 • Added Firebase dependencies in build.gradle(Module:app) • Removed the 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+' and updated all dependencies to the required ones only • Added the 'google-services' classpath in the dependencies list in build.gradle(Project:) classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:3.2.1' • Added this Permission into Manifest.xml: <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" /> • Updated the Documentation (connect your App to Firebase for FCM)
15 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1.1 • Removed all dependencies of play-services | left only this one in build.gradle: implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+'
11 April 2018 • Updated to Android Studio 3.1 • Updated 'compileSdkVersion' and 'targetSdkVersion' to 27 in build.gradle • Replaced 'compile' with 'implementation' in build.gradle (Module: app) • Updated classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.1.1' in build.gradle (Project:)
4 April 2018 • Removed the menu folder in the left panel of Android Studio and the menu code on the bottom of all the java files • Added RelativeLayouts as top bars in all xml files | Added the relative code for Buttons and TextViews in their relative java files -> onCreate() methods • Added a back_butt.png image into the "drawable" folder • Added this line of code into the 'onCreate()' method of all java files • Updated compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion to '27'
20 January 2018 • Added this line in the dependencies list of build.gradle (Module: app): compile 'com.squareup.okhttp3:okhttp:+'
iResidence is a Universal Real Estate App Template for who wants to provide a mobile service where users can search for properties for sale or rent, or submit their own ones by providing their details and contact info.
Since its backend is by Parse you don’t have to buy any domain/hosting, there are NO PHP files to upload to a web server so you’ll save some money for server side.
This template is a native Android Studio project, easy to customize, Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com, Universal.
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code.
Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
How do I rename the app’s package name?
Read this tutorial to learn how to rename a package name: https://hubpages.com/technology/Android-How-to-rename-an-app-package
Should I use the latest version of Android Studio to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE and you also should make sure you’ve updated the Android Tools to their latest version of the Android SDK manager.
The demo APK crashes on startup
Make sure that the minimum Android version of your device is the one listed in the FEATURES section below. If the problem persists, please contact me through my profile’s contact form and send me the Logcat message of you get when the app crashes along with the steps you made to reproduce the crash.
Please note that not all real devices print an error Logcat message, in this case just run the APK into the Android Studio’s emulator and you’ll surely get the red messages about your issue.
How do I remove AdMob banner ads?
- Enter the .xml files where there’s an AdView and remove its code:<com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView android:id="@+id/admobBanner" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" ads:adSize="BANNER" ads:adUnitId="@string/ADMOB_BANNER_UNIT_ID" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true"> </com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView>
- Enter the .java files where there’s an AdRequest instance into its onCreate() method and remove its code:// Init AdMob banner AdView mAdView = findViewById(R.id.admobBanner); AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); mAdView.loadAd(adRequest);
- Lastly, remove the play-services-ads reference in the build.gradle file:compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+'
- Android Studio 3.x project – Universal – Android 5.0+
- AdMob banners
- Works with Parse SDK hosted on back4app
- Send Push Notifications through Parse Push console on back4app
- Browse Recent Properties on the Home screen
- Search for properties by city or state, types and actions
- Easily submit your own Property via app
- Share Properties on Facebook, Twitter, Mail, etc.
- Open a property’s address on Google Maps app
- Directly contact the admin of the app
- PDF User Guide included
- PSD graphics included
- Easy to customize, well commented code
- Apple Mac or Windows PC with their latest OS version installed
- The latest version of Android Studio and some knowledge about its UI interface
- Photoshop or any other image editor software
- A Google Developer account to submit apps to the Play Store
- An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
- A free account on back4app.com