A Beginner’s Guide to AVG AntiVirus Business Edition
AVG Technologies is an Avast brand of cybersecurity, privacy, performance, and utility software for desktop computers and mobile devices. AVG was a cybersecurity software company that was founded in 1991 and was acquired by Avast in 2017. It typically provides freeware and earns revenue from advertisers and users who upgrade to paid versions to access more features.
AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is ideal for businesses looking to protect themselves from ransomware, viruses, adware, malware, trojans, hackers, rootkits, and other threats. This highly configurable and highly rated antivirus software protects small and medium-sized businesses’ emails, data, networks, files, and PCs from cyber threats. Thanks to AVG AntiVirus’ Android app, even business mobile phones and tablets can be protected from ransomware. Mobile devices can also be equipped with anti-theft features. Households can also benefit from AVG AntiVirus, which is designed specifically for home use and can protect against webcam spying and ransomware.
Features and benefits
- AVG AntiVirus FREE
This version includes our intelligent antivirus features that detect viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, phishing, and other threats in real-time.
- AVG Internet Security (Single-Device) includes all of the features found in AVG AntiVirus FREE, as well as additional premium features for use on a single Windows PC.
AVG Internet Security (Multi-Device) includes all of the features of AVG Internet Security (Single-Device) and AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android, and AVG Mobile Security AVG Internet Security for Mac, for iOS for use on up to ten devices at the same time.
- The main advantages of AVG AntiVirus are its security, smart scanner, and anti-theft capabilities. Businesses’ data is safe from malware and hackers with AVG AntiVirus. Important files and data can be kept private and secure by keeping them away from hackers. AVG AntiVirus accomplishes this by using a virtual disc to store and encrypt company documents and files. This virtual disc is stored on a password-protected PC. The program also includes a file shredder, through which users can have their files deleted. It also ensures that companies’ files cannot be recovered and used maliciously. The anti-spyware feature of AVG AntiVirus also prevents identity theft.
AVG TuneUp is your one-screen suite for making your PC run faster, smoother, and longer: exactly how you want it.
Software Uninstaller removes bloatware and adware, taking up space on your PC, freeing up memory for the data that are truly important to you.
Connect to public Wi-Fi with confidence thanks to our bank-grade, 256-bit AES encryption. They keep all of your online activity private and away from hackers, nosy neighbors, and nosy government agencies. It also doesn’t hurt that you can access your favorite content from anywhere in the world.
Common customer issues
Most customers complain that AVG subscription paid internet security constantly bombards them with bad news about potential threats, urging them to pay additional subscriptions when their service should be complete. The AVG team has been working on subscription options and has released several affordable and valuable updates.
- What exactly is File Shield?
File Shield scans your hard drive for programs and files as they are opened, run, modified, and saved. If malware is detected, File Shield prevents it from infecting your computer.
- What exactly is Behavior Shield?
Behavior Shield scans programs installed on your computer for unusual behavior that could indicate the presence of malicious code.
- What exactly is Web Shield?
Web Shield actively scans data transferred while browsing the internet to prevent downloading and running malware on your computer.
- What exactly is Quarantine?
Quarantine is an isolated area where potentially dangerous files can be safely stored or sent to the AVG Threat Labs for analysis.
- What exactly is an Enhanced Firewall?
Enhanced Firewall observes all network traffic between your PC and the external world to protect you from unauthorized communication and intrusions. Enhanced Firewall stops sensitive data from leaving your computer and blocks attempted hacker intrusions.
- What exactly is Password Protection?
Password Protection restricts applications and malware from viewing, changing, or deleting passwords saved in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and AVG Secure Browser.
- How do I tell the system what to do with detected threats?
By default, any warnings discovered during a scan are routed to Quarantine. You can access Quarantine from the results page after running a scan.
- How do I make scan exclusions?
Although it is generally not recommended, excluding specific files, folders, or URLs from scanning can be effective if you want to speed up your scans or avoid false positive detections.